I'm trying to make a bottomnavigation bar where the middle icon is my own icon which should be clickable and should fit in like this
In menu dir i made bottom_navigation.xml where lines responsible for the icon i want are :
<item
android:id="@+id/park"
android:icon="@drawable/ic_parkcenter"
android:title="Park here"/>
In my maps_activity.xml (my main page where i want this shown) i use this :
<com.google.android.material.bottomnavigation.BottomNavigationView
android:layout_height="75dp"
android:layout_gravity="bottom"
android:layout_width="match_parent"
android:id="@+id/bottom_nav"
map:menu="@menu/bottom_navigation" />
and this is the result I get
I thought of putting it as imageview instead of an item but sadly it doesnt work in the menu. How should I proceed here? Thanks in advance!
Edit: my acitivty_maps.xml,
<LinearLayout
android:layout_width="match_parent"
android:layout_height="match_parent"
android:orientation="vertical">
<FrameLayout
android:id="@+id/fragment_container"
android:layout_width="match_parent"
android:layout_height="match_parent">
<!-- Can be ignored -->
<fragment
android:id="@+id/map"
android:name="com.google.android.gms.maps.SupportMapFragment"
android:layout_width="match_parent"
android:layout_height="match_parent"
android:visibility="visible" />
<!-- Can be ignored -->
<androidx.appcompat.widget.Toolbar
android:id="@+id/toolbar"
android:layout_width="match_parent"
android:layout_height="?attr/actionBarSize"
android:background="@color/purple_500"
android:elevation="4dp"
android:theme="@style/ThemeOverlay.AppCompat.ActionBar"
map:popupTheme="@style/ThemeOverlay.AppCompat.Light" />
<com.google.android.material.bottomnavigation.BottomNavigationView
android:id="@+id/bottom_nav_left"
android:layout_width="wrap_content"
android:layout_height="75dp"
android:layout_gravity="bottom"
map:menu="@menu/bottom_navigation"
android:background="@color/purple_500"/>
<LinearLayout
android:layout_width="match_parent"
android:layout_height="100dp"
android:layout_gravity="bottom">
<!-- For the image i want in the middle -->
<ImageView
android:id="@+id/parkcenter"
android:layout_width="100dp"
android:layout_height="100dp"
android:layout_gravity="center"
android:src="@drawable/ic_parkcenter" />
</LinearLayout>
<com.google.android.material.bottomnavigation.BottomNavigationView
android:id="@+id/bottom_nav_right"
android:layout_width="wrap_content"
android:layout_height="75dp"
android:layout_gravity="bottom"
map:menu="@menu/bottom_navigation"
android:background="@color/purple_500"/>
<!-- Can be ignored -->
<com.google.android.material.floatingactionbutton.FloatingActionButton
android:id="@+id/parking"
android:layout_width="wrap_content"
android:layout_height="wrap_content"
android:layout_gravity="end|center"
android:layout_margin="16dp"
android:contentDescription="@string/parking"
android:src="@drawable/ic_parking" />
</FrameLayout>
</LinearLayout>
This is all inside drawerlayout if that helps! Thanks a lot again!