How to get description tags from an image in Python

Viewed 251

I am familiar with EXIF Tags and how to get them as a dictionary for an image. There are abundant examples on that topic. What I get is a dictionary with many items pertaining to characteristics of an image, like focus, date and time, geo data and so on. What I DO NOT GET and want to be able to read are descriptions that I assigned to an image like: "Kindergarten, Birthday party, Sailing" or whatever. These are named "Description -> Tags" if you right-click on a picture in Windows and go to the Details tab. In Adobe Bridge they are named keywords.

How can I read them in Python?

1 Answers

I have not tested it but this says there is an EXIF tag named ImageDescription that might be what you're looking for.

PS: I'm not really sure about it so wanted to leave this as a comment...but reputation

Related