Well, I have already started my journey into Vim, after learning the basis I was in the process of setting my _vimrc in order to achieve the behaviour that I want Vim to have while using it as my editor of preference. I was able to get a pretty solid configuration. However, there is something that I still do not know how to do, what I am trying to do is the following:
Consider that I wrote stuff like:

Then I press <ESC> in order to get into normal mode. What I get after that is:

Finally, I press I in order to get into insert mode and the position of the cursor is:

How can I force Vim to start insert mode with the indent relative to the block the cursor is at? In other words, achieve the starting position in the first screenshot when changing the mode instead of that in the third screenshot.
Almost all of my _vimrc file is made of:
syntax on
au GUIEnter * simalt ~x
colorscheme monokai-pro
set guifont=Consolas:h20
set mouse=a
set tabstop=4
set shiftwidth=4
set smartindent
set number
set autowrite
set autoread
set nowrap
set hls
set is
set expandtab
set cb=unnamed
Thanks in advance. I hope to have explained the issue correctly, if that is not the case please let me know.



