I've got a time series of sunspot numbers, where the mean number of sunspots is counted per month, and I'm trying to use a Fourier Transform to convert from the time domain to the frequency domain. The data used is from https://wwwbis.sidc.be/silso/infosnmtot. The first thing I'm confused about is how to express the sampling frequency as once per month. Do I need to convert it to seconds, eg. 1/(seconds in 30 days)? Here's what I've got so far:
fs = 1/2592000
#the sampling frequency is 1/(seconds in a month)
fourier = np.fft.fft(sn_value)
#sn_value is the mean number of sunspots measured each month
freqs = np.fft.fftfreq(sn_value.size,d=fs)
power_spectrum = np.abs(fourier)
plt.plot(freqs,power_spectrum)
plt.xlim(0,max(freqs))
plt.title("Power Spectral Density of the Sunspot Number Time Series")
plt.grid(True)

I don't think this is correct - namely because I don't know what the scale of the x-axis is. However I do know that there should be a peak at (11years)^-1.
The second thing I'm wondering from this graph is why there seems to be two lines - one being a horizontal line just above y=0. It's more clear when I change the x-axis bounds to: plt.xlim(0,1).

Am I using the fourier transform functions incorrectly?