I have two tables named Posts and Comments.
Posts table looks like.
|id|user_id|content|created_at|updated_at|
|1 | 24 |demotxt|demo_date |demo_date |
|2 | 21 |domotxt|demo_date2|demo_date2|
|3 | 24 |domotxt|demo_date2|demo_date3|
|4 | 28 |dimotxt|demo_date3|demo_date5|
Comments table looks like
|id|user_id|post_id|comment |created_at|updated_at|
|1 | 24 | 3 |comment1|demo_date |demo_date |
|2 | 21 | 3 |xyadbsss|demo_date2|demo_date2|
|3 | 24 | 1 |okayokay|demo_date2|demo_date3|
|4 | 28 | 4 |somehtin|demo_date3|demo_date5|
What I am trying to achieve is to get first latest comment and total number of comments for each post. i.e.
|post_id|latest_comment |total_comments |
| 3 |xyadbsss |2 |
| 1 |okayokay |1 |
| 4 |somehtin |1 |
This is the sql query I have tried
SELECT post_id, count(post_id) total_comments, comment latest_comment
FROM `comments`
LEFT JOIN posts on comments.post_id = posts.id
GROUP BY post_id;
Which is giving me
|post_id|latest_comment |total_comments |
| 3 |comment1[not latest]|2 |
| 1 |okayokay |1 |
| 4 |somehtin |1 |