Currently when I tap on an image, it should open a web view as the image object has an associated url. I am using the url_launcher library for Flutter, and I have implemented the code as follows:
onTap: () async {
final url = image.url;
if (await canLaunch(url)) {
await launch(
url,
forceSafariVC: true,
forceWebView: true,
enableJavaScript: true,
);
}
},
My understanding is that this launches a WebView, which is an in-app browser rather than taking the user out of the app and into a separate browser app. This works fine, but the page loads much slower and Javascript elements do not work properly (e.g. animated text on websites). On the other hand,
onTap: () async {
final url = banners[index].url;
if (await canLaunch(url)) {
await launch(
url
);
}
},
works much better as it is faster and everything loads in properly, but it opens an external browser, which is not what I want.
Another issue is that I would like to add a Done button on the top left corner of the WebView to completely exit the WebView and return to where I was in the app. I only have a back button on the bottom left (on the Android emulator), that lets me go to the previous page I was at in the browser. How do I customise the layout of the WebView, if I do not have any access to it? The url_launcher seems to handle the WebView creation internally, so I'm wondering how can I gain access from the above code to add that button?
Thank you!