I'm struggling with the YAML syntax to import a value that was exported by another CFN stack into the default value of a parameter in a new stack.
What I have at the moment is:
Parameters:
DBEndpoint:
Description: Hostname endpoint for RDS Database
Type: String
Default: Fn::ImportValue: 'db-endpoint'
Where db-endpoint is the value exported by the following YAML template snippet:
Outputs:
dbhost:
Description: "RDS Endpoint Address"
Value: !GetAtt DB.Endpoint.Address
Export:
Name: db-endpoint
The export works fine, but I get a parse error (Template format error: YAML not well-formed. ) when trying to load the template with the ImportValue line.
Update:
I have the YAML parsing correctly now, I think, but now get a new error.
With
Parameters:
DBEndpoint:
Description: Hostname endpoint for RDS Database
Type: String
Default: !ImportValue 'db-endpoint'
I get an error Template format error: Every Default member must be a string..
So, it seems closer, but still not working.
This answer implies this might not even be possible... is that the case?