I need to build an HTree for an exercise. I am so lost because my teacher's teaching ways is questionable. Anyway what we have to do is make an HTree using recursive methods. I had no idea how to start so I found a method online but when I pasted it, it had some errors. So I managed to remove all the errors (at least the underlined ones). When I run the code, it's just a blank block.
void drawH(double x, double y, double size) {
// compute the coordinates of the 4 tips of the H
double x0 = x - size/2;
double x1 = x + size/2;
double y0 = y - size/2;
double y1 = y + size/2;
// draw the 3 line segments of the H
draw(x0, y0, x0, y1);
draw(x1, y0, x1, y1);
draw(x0, y, x1, y);
}
void draw(int n, double x, double y, double size) {
if (n == 0) return;
drawH(x, y, size);
// compute x- and y-coordinates of the 4 half-size H-trees
double x0 = x - size/2;
double x1 = x + size/2;
double y0 = y - size/2;
double y1 = y + size/2;
// recursively draw 4 half-size H-trees of order n-1
draw(n-1, x0, y0, size/2); // lower left H-tree
draw(n-1, x0, y1, size/2); // upper left H-tree
draw(n-1, x1, y0, size/2); // lower right H-tree
draw(n-1, x1, y1, size/2); // upper right H-tree
}
// reads an integer command-line argument n and plots an order n H-tree
void main() {
int n = Integer.parseInt(args[0]);
double x = 0.5, y = 0.5; // center of H-tree
double size = 0.5; // side length of H-tree
draw(n, x, y, size);
}