Backward change transport from QAS to DEV?

Viewed 228

I developed many programs on DEV environment then I transported them to QAS. Then, a problem occurred and the system administrator restored an old version of DEV without taking a backup of the recent version, so I lost many programs that I developed in DEV.

I am wondering if there is a way to transport them from QAS to DEV?

2 Answers

When you want to avoid using the transport system to restore those objects, then the 3rd party program ZABAPGIT might help you. It allows you to export all development objects from a packet or a transport request into a zip file and then import that zip file in a different system.

This program does not care about the usual transport paths. When you import objects into a system using this program, then they will be treated as if they were created in that system.

Se10 - Create a Transport of Copies.
Manually add the programs

r3tr prog xxxxxx

or for classes

r3tr clas xxxxxx

release the transport with virtual/dummy target (not prod).

In STMS in dev add the transports to the buffer.
Import them. You will most likely need the overwrite original option.

Be sure you have the write objects ;)

OPTION 2: if it is only source code. And you have Eclipse as IDE. Connect both QAS and DEV in Eclipse. Open the object in DEV.

Use the compare with QAS option. right click in source code "Compare" Copy the deltas back to dev.

enter image description here

Related