I have made a quick installer and in some PC I have found problems when installing. I have "serial number" system and when I press "Next" it gives me an error
You must enter a name
and then:
Cannot focus a disabled or invisible window
But in many other PCs with same SO this works normal. This is the code that I am using:
[Setup]
WizardStyle=modern
UserInfoPage=yes
[Code]
procedure CurPageChanged(CurPageID: Integer);
begin
if CurPageID = wpUserInfo then begin
WizardForm.UserInfoOrgLabel.Hide();
WizardForm.UserInfoOrgEdit.Hide();
WizardForm.UserInfoNameLabel.Hide();
WizardForm.UserInfoNameEdit.Hide();
end;
end;
// Presence of the CheckSerial event function displays the serial number box.
// But here we accept any non-empty serial.
// We will validate it only in the NextButtonClick,
// as the online validation can take long.
function CheckSerial(Serial: String): Boolean;
begin
Result := (Serial <> '');
end;
function NextButtonClick(CurPageID: Integer): Boolean;
var
WinHttpReq: Variant;
Url: string;
begin
Result := True;
if CurPageID = wpUserInfo then
begin
WinHttpReq := CreateOleObject('WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1');
Url := 'Link that i use to check the serial number' +
WizardForm.UserInfoSerialEdit.Text;
WinHttpReq.Open('GET', Url, False);
WinHttpReq.Send('');
// Depending on implementation of the server,
// use either HTTP status code (.Status)
// or contents of returned "page" (.ResponseText)
// Here we use the HTTP status code:
// 200 = serial is valid, anything else = serial is invalid,
// and when invalid, we display .ResponseText
Result := (WinHttpReq.Status = 200);
if not Result then
MsgBox(WinHttpReq.ResponseText, mbError, MB_OK);
end;
end;