We are building a mobile app for iOS and Android using Xamarin Forms 5 and using Visual Studio 2022. When we make a Post request to any api, both our own as external api's we are always returned:
Xamarin.PreBuilt.iOS[3728:2199180] Xamarin.iOS: Received unhandled ObjectiveC exception: NSMallocException Failed to grow buffer
GET request work fine. I have searched Google and StackOverflow but can not find any help. I have tried to increase the HttpClient.MaxResponseContentBufferSize without any difference.
The app for now is very simple, one page with a button to test. Code behind is as followed:
public partial class MainPage : ContentPage
{
public MainPage()
{
InitializeComponent();
}
private async void Button_Clicked(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
var client = new HttpClient();
client.BaseAddress = new Uri("https://ptsv2.com/");
string jsonData = @"{}";
var content = new StringContent(jsonData, Encoding.UTF8, "application/json");
HttpResponseMessage response = await client.PostAsync("/t/l4x2e-1637576441/post", content);
var result = await response.Content.ReadAsStringAsync();
}
}
This fails on iOS linked device, but for Android Simulator it works. Is there anything I need to change for iOS?
Update
The code works on multiple machines except mine, trying to figure out what setting this could be, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.