I would like to use syscalls to get the id of the current user. I tried it like this:
#include <unistd.h>
#include <sys/syscall.h>
#include <stdio.h>
int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
int uid = syscall(SYS_getuid);
printf("%d\n", uid);
return 0;
}
I executed it with root, but it prints -1 instead of 0.
If I replace it with int uid = syscall(SYS_getuid);, then it correctly returns 0. What do I wrong? How to get the current user id using syscall?
I run it on i686/ubuntu docker image, because I have to create 32bit executables.
Minimal reproducible example:
Dockerfile
FROM i686/ubuntu
RUN apt-get update
RUN apt-get install --assume-yes --no-install-recommends --quiet \
gcc libc6-dev
RUN apt-get clean all
main.c
#include <unistd.h>
#include <sys/syscall.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <errno.h>
#include <string.h>
int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
int uid = syscall(SYS_getuid);//getuid();//
if(uid == -1)
printf("Error: %s\n", strerror(errno));
printf("%d\n", uid);
return 0;
}
Run ( On x64 Windows10 ):
docker build --platform linux/386 -t my-gcc .
docker run --platform linux/386 --rm -v ${pwd}:/usr/local/src/:rw my-gcc gcc -m32 -xc /usr/local/src/main.c -o /usr/local/src/main
docker run --platform linux/386 --rm -v ${pwd}:/usr/local/src/:rw my-gcc /usr/local/src/main
The result is:
Error: Function not implemented
-1