I am new to working with AWS and route 53 so any help is appreciated.
I have created an organization on GitHub, and then created a simple repository for a static site to display with Github pages. this is working as expected and I can see the static site at the URL generated by Github (something like: https://<githubOrgName>.github.io/<repoName>/)
I got a domain from AWS and now I'm trying to set it up so the apex domain (e.g. "my-domain.com") points to the Github pages site.
I followed the instructions found at: https://docs.github.com/en/pages/configuring-a-custom-domain-for-your-github-pages-site/about-custom-domains-and-github-pages ... but it doesn't seem to be working.
I am trying to make it so that the apex domain points to the repository Github page. something like:
https://my-domain.com -> https://<githubOrgName>.github.io/<repoName>/
... but this only shows a blank screen when I go to the root domain ("my-domain.com"). I have also tried to go to https://my-domain.com/<repoName>/... but this shows me a Github 404 page (so it seems to be correctly forwarding something to Github):
my AWS route 53 configuration is similar to the following (i have tried to remove sensitive details):
can anyone explain to me what I am doing wrong? I am new to working with domains so any help is appreciated.

