How to properly deploy a smart contract and not lose money?

Viewed 240

Yes, I have already read the information about how to pay ETH gas(website) and know approximately how to do it, but the amount of money to deploy is very large, so I want to ask if I will do it right:

I am going to deploy smart contract at 10 am - 4 pm on Sunday. If you check last Sunday (https://ethereumprice.org/gas/), you can see a stable level around 71 - 69 gwei. I want to set Max Fee - 102 gwei and Max Priority Fee - 2. I make it so that even if the gas grows to 100 gwei, the transaction will be completed? Is that a good idea? And if gas costs 70 gwei and the smart contract is successfully deployed, then I will be refunded (102 - 72) 30 gwei?

Thank you all.

1 Answers

The gas is only refunded if the transaction is rejected. You will always pay the set gas price.

The best way to save money is not to deploy on Ethereum, but use an EVM compatible chain like Polygon.

Related