I am trying to parse nested column type definitions such as
1 string
2 struct<col_1:string,col_2:int>
3 row(col_1 string,array(col_2 string),col_3 boolean)
4 array<struct<col_1:string,col_2:int>,col_3:boolean>
5 array<struct<col_1:string,col2:int>>
Using nestedExpr works as expected for cases 1-4, but throws a parse error on case 5. Adding a space between double closing brackets like "> >" seems work, and might be explained by this quote from the author.
By default, nestedExpr will look for space-delimited words of printables https://sourceforge.net/p/pyparsing/bugs/107/
I'm mostly looking for alternatives to pre and post processing the input string
type_str = type_str.replace(">", "> ")
# parse string here
type_str = type_str.replace("> ", ">")
I've tried using the infix_notation but I haven't been able to figure out how to use it in this situation. I'm probably just using this the wrong way...
Code snippet
array_keyword = pp.Keyword('array')
row_keyword = pp.Keyword('row')
struct_keyword = pp.Keyword('struct')
nest_open = pp.Word('<([')
nest_close = pp.Word('>)]')
col_name = pp.Word(pp.alphanums + '_')
col_type = pp.Forward()
col_type_delimiter = pp.Word(':') | pp.White(' ')
column = col_name('name') + col_type_delimiter + col_type('type')
col_list = pp.delimitedList(pp.Group(column))
struct_type = pp.nestedExpr(
opener=struct_keyword + nest_open, closer=nest_close, content=col_list | col_type, ignoreExpr=None
)
row_type = pp.locatedExpr(pp.nestedExpr(
opener=row_keyword + nest_open, closer=nest_close, content=col_list | col_type, ignoreExpr=None
))
array_type = pp.nestedExpr(
opener=array_keyword + nest_open, closer=nest_close, content=col_type, ignoreExpr=None
)
col_type <<= struct_type('children') | array_type('children') | row_type('children') | scalar_type('type')