Chrome dev tools won't dock, and no docking options exist

Viewed 193

99% of the time, for any given website or webapp, Chrome Dev Tools opens docked by default, and I can click the dock icon and change the dock position if desired.

But there is one webapp I use that launches a window via window.open() with a non-editable url in the address bar. When I hit F12, dev tools opens in a separate window. There is no dock icon and no way I can find to get dev tools to dock to the right (or anywhere) with the launched browser window.

enter image description here

enter image description here

Note: Supposedly CTRL+Shift+D can affect/toggle the docking behavior, but this does nothing in my case.

Is dev tools truly refusing to dock in this situation? Or, where can I find the dock icon? How can I make devtools dock to the right of my browser window?

1 Answers

So if you open a tab as a window (I do this a lot in ChromeOS) you will not have docking options. Click the 3-dot menu -> Open in Chrome and now you will have the options again.

Related