I've trying to achieve universal linking for one of my apps. I've referred to almost all the tickets in stackoverflow but still couldn't make it work for some reason. Below is the process I'm following.
Created apple-app-site-association file and added below content
"applinks": {
"apps": [],
"details": [
{
"appID": "TEAM_ID.BUNDLE_ID",
"paths": [ "*" ]
}
]
}
}
Uploaded this file to 'public' folder in source code. Also changed the content-type to json in nginx configuration.
location /apple-app-site-association {
default_type application/json;
}
When I run this command in terminal it shows that content-type is changed to application/json. Below is the reference.
curl -I http://ec2-34-201-173-250.compute-1.amazonaws.com:8080/apple-app-site-association
Output is below:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: nginx/1.14.0 (Ubuntu)
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 11:39:43 GMT
Content-Type: application/json
Content-Length: 192
Last-Modified: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 09:46:17 GMT
Connection: keep-alive
ETag: "61922c69-c0"
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Also when I click on the link, it opens the apple-app-site-association json without any problem.
But for some reason apple-appsearch-vaidation-tool fails with below response
Link to Application
Action required
Could not extract required information for application links. Learn how to implement the recommended Universal Links.
Error cannot fetch app site association
More Info: Its a HTTP domain - Not sure if I need to upload the signed apple-app-site-association file.
Please help me with this issue.
Thanks in-advance.

