How to pip install Google-API-Client in Virtual Studio Code?

Viewed 615

Just recently got into programming and API's. I have a Chromebook and using a YouTube tutorial I downloaded Visual Studio Code and installed Python on it. On another tutorial on API's (specifically YouTube's), after setting up credentials it tells your to pip install google-client-api in a virtual environment. From my terminal in Visual Studio I tried $ pip install google-client-api and it gave me a syntax error code. I also tried it in my Linux terminal and it told me sudo: pip command not found. I actually managed to find the google-client-api in Pydroid and installed that, but I'd rather be able to run it in visual studio.

1 Answers

Try using either

pip3 install google-client-api

or

python3 -m pip install google-client-api


The first command should work in most systems, the second should work in pretty much any system with Python3.

Related