I want my http respond script to respond with data from my SQL server. So I can use AJAX to update HTML with data from my SQL server. And I cant find a way to do this. I'm just learning about async and I have a feeling that if I can save the output of my async function to a global var then it will work. Any help would save my headache.
My simple Listen script is:
var test = "hello!"
var http = require('http');
http.createServer(function (req, res) {
res.writeHead(200, {'Content-Type': 'text/plain'});
res.write(test);
res.end();
}).listen(8080);
and my sql code is:
const util = require('util');
var mysql = require('mysql');
var con = mysql.createConnection({
host: "XXXXX",
user: "XXXXX",
password: "XXXXX",
database: "XXX"
});
var DBresult=null;
function getdb(){
const query = util.promisify(con.query).bind(con);
(async () => {
try {
const rows = await query('SELECT * FROM mylist');
DBresult=rows;
} finally {
con.end();
}
})()
}