I recently updated my test phone for my app to Android 12. When I go to run my uno-platform app, the splashscreen no longer has my custom image on it. It now has the launcher icon. In doing some reading- this is a change that was done in Android 12. My question is how do I get my splashscreen to once again show my custom image? Will this change also work on Android 11 devices- or is something additional I need to do to handle both cases? Here is my code for my splashscreen- there is one for dark and one for light.
Light Mode Splashscreen(splash_screen.xml in drawable folder):
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<layer-list xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
<item>
<!-- background color -->
<color android:color="#dedcdc"/>
</item>
<item>
<!-- splash image -->
<bitmap
android:src="@drawable/splashscreen"
android:tileMode="disabled"
android:gravity="center" />
</item>
</layer-list>
Dark Mode Splashscreen(splash_screen_night.xml in drawable folder):
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<layer-list xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
<item>
<!-- background color -->
<color android:color="#888689"/>
</item>
<item>
<!-- splash image -->
<bitmap
android:src="@drawable/splashscreen"
android:tileMode="disabled"
android:gravity="center" />
</item>
</layer-list>
Styles.xml(Light Mode):
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<resources>
<style name="AppTheme" parent="Theme.AppCompat.Light">
<!-- This removes the ActionBar -->
<item name="windowActionBar">false</item>
<item name="android:windowActionBar">false</item>
<item name="windowNoTitle">true</item>
<item name="android:windowNoTitle">true</item>
<!-- Splash Screen -->
<item name="android:windowBackground">@drawable/splash_screen</item>
</style>
</resources>
(In values-night folder for dark mode)Styles.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<resources>
<style name="AppTheme" parent="Theme.AppCompat">
<!-- This removes the ActionBar -->
<item name="windowActionBar">false</item>
<item name="android:windowActionBar">false</item>
<item name="windowNoTitle">true</item>
<item name="android:windowNoTitle">true</item>
<!-- Splash Screen -->
<item name="android:windowBackground">@drawable/splash_screen_night</item>
</style>
</resources>