is there a full Nextcloud API accessable from outside?

Viewed 1077

I use Nextcloud as a normal user to store and share files.

I decided to use it as a backend for a web application I am developing so that I can store the files in Nextcloud while the frontend is done by me.

I spent some hours on the API docs https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/developer_manual/client_apis/WebDAV/index.html

and, with some disappointment, unless I have not made a mistake, I realized that the only API that can be used from outside Nextcloud is the WebDav API. This is a minimalistic API that allows doing basic things such as uploading a file by passing the full path like with this GET statement (authenticated by basic auth passing username and password in the headers:

GET https://nextcloud.example.com/remote.php/dav/files/username/FolderOne/SubFolderTwo/HelloWorld.txt

This will download the file located in /FolderOne/SubFolderTwo/HelloWorld.txt

with a PUT request, it is possible to overwrite the file by passing the file content in the raw body request

This is very effective but minimalistic.

I was expecting to have a full REST API to access more properties and perform complex operations.

Could you please tell me if I missed some important information?

There is the OCS API but it works only from inside Nextcloud.

Thanks.

1 Answers
Related