Not able to get dataStreamName : from_activities from google datasource list to fetch Calories

Viewed 125

I am using google fit datasource API https://www.googleapis.com/fitness/v1/users/me/dataSources to get the data sources.

For calories, I was using below data stream:

dataStreamName : from_activities
dataStreamId : derived:com.google.calories.expended:com.google.android.gms:from_activities

But now, I am not getting from_activities data stream from https://www.googleapis.com/fitness/v1/users/me/dataSources datasource API list.

Instead I am getting below data stream for calories:

dataStreamName : merge_calories_expended
dataStreamId : derived:com.google.calories.expended:com.google.android.gms:merge_calories_expended

So, is there any changes made from google side that suddenly I am not getting dataStreamName : from_activities data stream from data source list?

If yes, is it good to use dataStreamName : merge_calories_expended data stream to fetch the calories data? What differences are there between these 2 (from_activities and merge_calories_expended) data steams?

1 Answers

The Fit platform stopped populating the from_activities stream earlier this year, so you should have seen the change more than six months ago.

Yes, merge_calories_expended is probably the right thing to use. It contains a merged view of the user's calories expended, identical to that which is shown in the Fit app.

Related