I am learning streams, child processes in Node.js, I am Windows user since childhood, had nothing to do with Unix/Linux nor C family lang, etc. which means I had none of conceptional knowledge before , so please no judge .
I faced and option of {silent: boolean} for child_process.fork() | (default: false)
Note : stdio array variant overrides {silent : boolean}
My question: besides being overwritten , does any variant of stdio (shown in screenshotted table below) have some equivalent for silent property , if property of silent would be used instead of stdio option ?
AFAIK , fork()'s stdio: [0,1,2, ipc] should be equivalent of {silent: true} [as answered hereby by Neil] , but keep in mind I may be mistaken so clarification would be highly appreciated !
| String | Value |
|---|---|
"ignore" |
["ignore", "ignore", "ignore"] |
"pipe" |
["pipe", "pipe", "pipe"] |
"inherit" |
[process.stdin, process.stdout, process.stderr] or [0, 1, 2] |