Notification service extension starting on iPhone/iPad but not on M1 Mac

Viewed 117

I am developing an iOS app that uses a notification service extension (NSE) to format the remote notifications obtained from Apple Push Notification Service.

When I install the app on an iPad or an iPhone, the remote notifications are correctly formatted via the extension before they are displayed to the user.

However, when I install the app on a Mac with an M1 Silicon chip, remote notifications are not re-formatted, but are displayed in raw format.

I have used the console to try to trace what is going on with the extension on the Mac. I see no occurrence of a running NSE. Rather, I see multiple messages like these:

failed to fetch /Applications/My.app/Wrapper/My.app/PlugIns/NotificationServiceExtension.appex/_CodeSignature/CodeRequirements-2 error=-10

When I run pluginkit --match in the Terminal, the extension is listed, but there is no +/- sign indicating whether the extension is enabled or disabled.

Looking in System Preferences, Extensions tab, the extension is not listed in the Added extensions list. (Not sure if it should be, but nevertheless it isn't.)

Is there some configuration step I am missing to enable the notification service extension on the M1 Mac, or does not iOS developed NSEs run on M1 Macs?

0 Answers
Related