I am learning Linux programing.
When I trying to write a simple module to get family of a process, I find I can not get current pid of a process and its parent process. How to fix it?
Here is a part of my code.
static pid_t pid = 1;
module_param(pid, int, 0644);
static int hello_init(void) {
struct task_struct *p;
struct list_head *pp;
struct task_struct *psibling;
struct pid *kpid;
kpid = find_get_pid(pid);
p = pid_task(kpid, PIDTYPE_PID);
printk("me: %d %s\n", pid, p->comm);
if (p->parent == NULL) {
printk("No Parent\n");
}
else {
printk("Parent: %d %s\n", p->parent->pid, p->parent->comm);
}
list_for_each(pp, &p->parent->children) {
psibling = list_entry(pp, struct task_struct, sibling);
printk("sibling %d %s \n", psibling->pid, psibling->comm);
}
list_for_each(pp, &p->children) {
psibling = list_entry(pp, struct task_struct, sibling);
printk("children %d %s \n", psibling->pid, psibling->comm);
}
return 0;
}
result:
sudo insmod module.ko pid=1
dmesg
[ 6396.170631] me: 237 systemd
[ 6396.170633] Parent: 235 unshare
[ 6396.170633] sibling 237 systemd
[ 6396.170633] children 286 systemd-journal
[ 6396.170634] children 306 systemd-udevd
[ 6396.170635] children 314 systemd-network
[ 6396.170635] children 501 snapfuse
[ 6396.170636] children 508 dbus-daemon
[ 6396.170636] children 509 NetworkManager
[ 6396.170637] children 632 systemd-logind
[ 6396.170637] children 639 systemd
[ 6396.170638] children 665 rtkit-daemon
[ 6396.170638] children 671 polkitd
[ 6396.170638] children 711 udisksd
[ 6396.170639] children 761 upowerd