I have the following situation (this is my motivation to ask the question, not the question itself):
- I've got a web application that accepts uploads from users.
- The users access the application through an Ingress,
- then a Service,
- Then a Deployment with two Pods.
- Application contained in each Pod.
- Sometimes the upload fails:
- I can see in the logs from the Pod that the upload went all right.
- I can even see the data uploaded by the user.
- There are nothing but normal logs in the Pod.
- But the ingress reports a HTTP 500 error.
- And the users sees a HTTP 500 error - connection reset by peer.
If the Pod seems all right, but ingress complains, then I should check the middle man, the Service. Then I realized that there is no easy way to obtain logs from the service.
So this is my question:
- How can I read logs from the Service object ? I mean activity logs, not the deployment events.
- Do they exist?