Given a url of googlesheets like https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dprQgvpy-qHNU5eHDoOUf9qXi6EqwBbsYPKHB_3c/edit#gid=1139845333 How could I use gspread api to get the name of the sheet? I mean the name may be sheet1, sheet2, etc Thanks!
Given a url of googlesheets like https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dprQgvpy-qHNU5eHDoOUf9qXi6EqwBbsYPKHB_3c/edit#gid=1139845333 How could I use gspread api to get the name of the sheet? I mean the name may be sheet1, sheet2, etc Thanks!
I believe your goal is as follows.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/###/edit#gid=1139845333.How could I use gspread api to get the name of the sheet?, you want to achieve this using gsperad for python.In this case, how about the following sample script?
client = gspread.authorize(credentials)
url = "https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dprQgvpy-qHNU5eHDoOUf9qXi6EqwBbsYPKHB_3c/edit#gid=1139845333"
spreadsheet = client.open_by_url(url)
sheet_names = [s.title for s in spreadsheet.worksheets()]
print(sheet_names)
In this script, please use your client = gspread.authorize(credentials).
When this script is run, the sheet names are returned as a list.
About your following new question,
May I know what if I only want the sheet name of a particular one? Usually, for each additional sheet we create, it comes with a series of number at the end (gid=1139845333), I just want the name for that sheet instead of all.
In this case, how about the following sample script?
client = gspread.authorize(credentials)
url = "https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dprQgvpy-qHNU5eHDoOUf9qXi6EqwBbsYPKHB_3c/edit#gid=1139845333"
gid = "1139845333"
sheet_name = [s.title for s in spreadsheet.worksheets() if str(s.id) == gid]
if len(sheet_name) == 1:
print(sheet_name)
else:
print("No sheet of the GID " + gid)