I am experiencing the same issue as many of others have had (based on my research) but none of them seemed to have figured out a solution.
I am connecting from localhost to my AWS database (server located in Dublin - eu-west-1) and I am located in Denmark.
From my investigation I came to this conclusion that none of the above are the culprit:
- Internet speed I am using is 1GB/s so it is definitely not a problem!
- Bandwidth download - 500 GB, upload - 150 GB.
- Max connections to database is 312.
- Latency shouldn't be a problem as it is within the continent.
I referred to this post but couldn't find any of the posted solutions that fits my case AWS RDS painfully slow when connecting from local machine
My queries are taking way too long (40+ seconds).
What could be causing it?!
EDIT:
- I currently am using PDO.
- I have tested it with ODBC connection, same problem there.
- If you are thinking that the amount of data is affecting it, that's wrong. I am fetching the same amount of data from the server hosted web but with a lighting speed.