Is it possible to download files from Docker Volume via Docker Desktop application?

Viewed 569

I have created a docker volume as the following:

docker create volume test_volume

I run my container as the following:

docker run --rm -v test_volume:/data collect_symbols:1.0

... where (in the container) I can access the test_volume via /data.

And when my container runs, I save a symbols.csv file as the following in a python script:

df.to_csv("/data/symbols.csv", index=False)

My container is not a Web server so it just runs a task and then it ends.

Then I go to my Docker Desktop application, and go to the Volumes section. I select the test_volume Docker volume, and I see the symbols.csv file there, which is good.

On the right hand side of the screen, there are 2 options: "Save As" and "Delete". (See below image.)

enter image description here

Then I click on Save As to check the content of the file, it asks me where to save the file, I pick a location in my local computer and click on Save. But the application throws the following error at this point:

enter image description here

It says Cannot destructure property 'filePath' of '(intermediate value)' as it is undefined.

Am I doing something wrong here? Or is it not possible to get the file from a Docker volume in this way? If it is the case, what is the purpose of Save As button?

Note: I am running the Docker Desktop Application on Windows.

0 Answers
Related