I need a little help understanding a comprehension method function.
compdivides :: Integer -> [Integer]
compdivides x
| x > 0 = [a | a <-[1..div x 2], mod x a == 0] ++ [x]
| otherwise = compdivides (abs x)
I understand that if x is positive we do the 3rd line otherwise the 4th line.
In the third line we check whether mod x a == 0 only then do we do everything else.
However, I cannot seem to understand this part a <-[1..div x 2] What exactly happens here?
Also, why do we do this at the end ++ [x] ? What exactly are we doing here anyways?
itemTotal :: [(String, Float)] -> [(String, Float)]
itemTotal [] = []
itemTotal [x] = [x]
I am having some trouble with this as well. I understand that if the list is empty we simply return an empty list.
However, what are we saying here? itemTotal [x] = [x] That if the list only has one thing we simply return that one thing?
Thank you so much for the help!