React Native pass useState Switch variable to other screens

Viewed 161

Beginner here. I'm struggling to pass my useState variable to another screen in my React Native project. The screen that contains the variable, "screenCheckboxes.js" is structured like

export default function screenCheckboxes({ navigation }) {

  const [check, setCheck] = useState(false);
  const toggleCheck = () => setCheck(previousState => !previousState);

  return (
    <View style={{ flex: 1, alignItems: 'center', justifyContent: 'center' }}>
      <Text>Hello from Checkbox Screen</Text>

      <Switch
        onValueChange={toggleCheck}
        value={check}
      />

    </View>
  );
}

I want to render an image on another screen file, depending on if the checkbox switch is checked on or not. I figured I will be importing the checkbox screen using import { check } from './screenCheckboxes.js';

How would I go about using my "check" useState in another screen?

1 Answers

pass it as a param while navigating to that screen or you can use something like redux or context api.

Related