Is is possible, and if so how, to let a Command initialize a resource and pass it down to its Subcommands. Image an application that takes its arguments like
$ mycmd db --connect <...> create <...>
$ mycmd db --connect <...> update <...>
This may not be a great example but it illustrates the concept. Here db is some resource that all the subcommands depend on. I would like a single function to be responsible for the initialization of the db resource and then pass the initialized resource down to the subcommands. I can't figure out how to do this with urfave/cli/v2 .
You could do it by creating two separate cli.Apps, one that parses the db part of the arguments just to create a context.Context with context.WithValue and then use that context to create the second cli.App which would parse the remainder of the arguments. I'm sure there's a better way to do it.
I'm grateful for any help!