Vscode don't show chrome as device

Viewed 608

Here is my flutter doctor and flutter devices outputs:

[baran@manjaro ~]$ flutter doctor
Doctor summary (to see all details, run flutter doctor -v):
[✓] Flutter (Channel stable, 2.5.3, on Manjaro Linux 5.10.70-1-MANJARO, locale
    en_US.utf8)
[✓] Android toolchain - develop for Android devices (Android SDK version 31.0.0)
[✓] Chrome - develop for the web
[✓] Android Studio
[✓] Connected device (1 available)

• No issues found!
[baran@manjaro ~]$ flutter devices
1 connected device:

Chrome (web) • chrome • web-javascript • Chromium 94.0.4606.81 Arch Linux

I am able to run flutter with chrome by flutter run -d chrome but vscode or android studio don't show chrome in devices section. When i clicked devices, only thing that i see is create android simulation button there is no chrome. So i am unable to perform hot reload since i couldn't open chrome in ide.

By the way, using manjaro linux and chromium, also I've already exported CHROME_EXECUTABLE to my bashrc. I've also tried google-chrome-stable but the same thing happening.

1 Answers
  1. I happen to be running Flutter 2.5.3 and VSCode 1.62 on Windows 10, and I'm able to select and debug Chrome web without any problems. My Windows install happens to work OK.

  2. You verified that Chrome web should be available by running flutter doctor. Good! You also told us your OS: manjaro linux. Thank you!

  3. Since you're on manjaro, you need to follow these extra steps (as Ken White pointed out):

Chrome not showing up in vscode. Manjaro Linux

flutter channel master # switch master channel
flutter upgrade
flutter config --enable-web  # Enable Web support
which chrome  # Find your Chrome installation path (e.g. "/opt/google/chrome/chrome")export
CHROME_EXECUTABLE=/opt/google/chrome/chrome # Add this to your shell init file (e.g. ~/.bashrc)
Related