VsCode markdown: how to add align as a direct math environment?

Viewed 261

Basically, I am using vscode for my latex notes due to its snippets, and I would like to have a live preview with markdown. The idea is to take live notes in markdown and then copy and paste them into a latex document to fix all the formatting. I often use the align* environment.

Currently I get enter image description here

I want to get (on the right hand side) enter image description here

without the dollar signs on the left hand side. I have found that the tex editor for https://math.stackexchange.com/ does that, but I can't seem to figure out how to implement that in vscode.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

1 Answers

The following works for me in vscode with markdown preview:

$$
\begin{aligned} 
3     &= 4 \\ 
a + b &= c
\end{aligned}
$$
Related