I am trying to submit a TPU ML training job on GCP using this:
> !gcloud ai-platform jobs submit training `whoami`_object_detection_`date +%s` \
> --job-dir=gs://dota-1/train \
> --packages dist/object_detection-0.1.tar.gz,slim/dist/slim 0.1.tar.gz,/tmp/pycocotools/pycocotools-2.0.tar.gz \
> --module-name object_detection.model_tpu_main \
> --runtime-version 2.6 \
> --scale-tier BASIC_TPU \
> --region us-central1 \
> -- \
> --model_dir=gs://dota-1/train \
> --tpu_zone us-central1 \
> --python-version 3.7 \
> --pipeline_config_path=gs://dota-1/data/pipeline.config
But it gives me the following error and does not detect the right python version:
ERROR: (gcloud.ai-platform.jobs.submit.training) INVALID_ARGUMENT: Field: runtime_version Error: The specified runtime version '2.6' with the Python version '' is not supported or is deprecated. Please specify a different runtime version. See https://cloud.google.com/ml-engine/docs/runtime-version-list for a list of supported versions.
- '@type': type.googleapis.com/google.rpc.BadRequest
fieldViolations:
- description: The specified runtime version '2.6' with the Python version '' is
not supported or is deprecated. Please specify a different runtime version.
See https://cloud.google.com/ml-engine/docs/runtime-version-list for a list
of supported versions.
field: runtime_version
I have run !python --version and confirmed that I have python 3.7 installed, which is the supported version by GCP.
How can I fix this?