SSAS Order by a dimension group

Viewed 11

I'm using a Multidimensional Analysis Services ver 13, displaying results in excel pivot tables. I'm trying to divide my clients into groups using the ClientSelect table with a hierarchy based on Platform / Type, with top 20 for each type. for example below

Platform / Type

All Games

YTD Top Winner
YTD Most Played
YTD Most Liked

Chess

YTD Top Winner
YTD Most Played 
YTD Most Liked

Because the same client may appear in many lists, i am using a many to many fct table (ClientSelectMap) to join clients and ClientSelect.

This all works fine, I can display the top 20 All Games / YTD Top winners, and see their results for yesterday. But i want to display the 20 YTD Top Winners in order of the YTD wins or matches played or likes. I provide an OrderBy Attribute in the DimClientSelect table but whenever i try to associate it with the Type attribute so it becomes available for use in the OrderByAttribute field and use it to order Type, i get duplicate errors.

How do i order the returned clients in this situation? Do i have to put the orderBy in the joining table?

Thanks in advance Hamish

enter image description here

0 Answers
Related