in a VueJS / QuasarJS application Im using firebase-js-sdk [1] together with firebaseui-web [2] to handle authentication.
After successful auth with any of the configured providers (e.g. password, google, apple, etc) I want to check which provider the user used. But immediately after successful authentication the user.providerData[] array that should contain the information is empty.
BUT if I reload my app the user.providerData[] array is suddenly populated correctly.
I´m checking for user data with something like this
import { getAuth } from "firebase/auth";
const auth = getAuth();
const user = auth.currentUser;
if (user) {
console.log(user.providerData)
}
After that the user object is fully populated (incl auth tokens, etc) but the user.providerData[] array is empty. Only after a page reload (CTRL-R) does the array get populated.
I searched both projects issues pages and documentation and didnt find anything that could explain this.
Im thankful for ANY idea where to look next!
EDIT
As suggested by @aside Im using onAuthStateChanged to check for updates of the user state.
onAuthStateChanged(
fbAuth,
(user) => {
if (user) {
console.log("onAuthStateChanged: user found");
console.log("onAuthStateChanged: user.providerData", user.providerData);
console.log("onAuthStateChanged: user", user);
} else {
console.log("onAuthStateChanged: no user found");
}
},
function (error) {
console.log("onAuthStateChanged:", error);
}
);
But even if I wait minutes after authentication is completed, still the user.providerData array is only populated after a page reload.
Here is a full demo: https://codesandbox.io/s/github/perelin/firebase-auth-providerdata-test
Thanks in advance :)
Im using
"firebase": "9.6.1",
"firebaseui": "6.0.0",
[1] https://github.com/firebase/firebase-js-sdk
[2] https://github.com/firebase/firebaseui-web