I'm creating a foreground service with an indeterminate progress bar.
public Notification createNotification() {
NotificationCompat.Builder builder = new NotificationCompat.Builder(this, CHANNEL_TEST)
.setSmallIcon(R.drawable.ic_download_complete)
.setContentTitle("Test title")
.setContentText("Test content")
.setProgress(someInt, someInt, true) //What do I set for these two params before the boolean flag
.setPriority(NotificationCompat.PRIORITY_LOW)
.setAutoCancel(true);
if (Build.VERSION.SDK_INT >= Build.VERSION_CODES.O) {
NotificationManager notificationManager = this.getSystemService(NotificationManager.class);
NotificationChannel channel = new NotificationChannel(
CHANNEL_TEST,
"Test notification",
NotificationManager.IMPORTANCE_LOW
);
notificationManager.createNotificationChannel(channel);
notificationManager.notify(NOTIFICATION_ID, builder.build());
}
return builder.build();
}
I'm trying to understand what values I have to set for the two int params in .setProgress. The last boolean flag in the method is for setting it as an determinate or indeterminate progressbar. So if it's a determinate, we can update the two ints to the percent we want .setProgress(100, 10, true), but for indeterminate what should I set the values as?
I tried checking the method but it doesn't quite say what to use for indeterminate. Since passing null is not an option
