"Where" clause or pull data base on id from other file in nextjs

Viewed 36

I am working on an application where I load 5 articles on a page called stories. When I click an individual story it's supposed to load it's details on the resulting page. Now the stories are coming from a local page (local database) and I use .map to map out all the stores found in the database. This part is fine.

export default {
  article: [
    {
      id: 1,
      headline: "Climate Change",
      body:"Loren",
    },

So this is essentially my "database".

Now upon clicking a story I have my [stories].js page with the following with the code that lets me get the ID of my story, so If I click the climate change story I get the ID of 1.

const SingleStoryPage = () => {
  const router = useRouter();
  const { storyDetail } = router.query;

The problem is, while I get the ID of 1, I do not know how to specify to only load the climate change story as I am still using map. I know this is of course wrong but, is there a way I can filter on map? something like a where clause where ID = 1 ? The other examples I looked at loaded the data fine because they used an API and selected the data based on the id which is storyDetail in my case. But seeing as I am not using an API just pulling from a local file. I am not sure how to accomplish this "where" feature.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Answers
Related