NextJS <Link> Takes me to 404

Viewed 735

I've seen this question asked around online Im trying to implement suggested solution but still not working for me. So my apologies for the duplicate.

Anyway I have a simple link tag which is throwing a 404

<Link className={classes.navbarDesktopMenuButton} href="/profile/[id]" as={`/profile/${username}`}>
  <Button>
    <strong className={classes.navbarDesktopMenuButton}>My Profile</strong>
  </Button>
</Link>

I am quite certain im navigating to the right route so not sure why i am still getting the 404.

enter image description here

Note if i navigate on the first time it will 404 for like a second then the page will popup. But if i navigate out of the page then navigate back then its just stuck on the 404 the 2nd 3rd 4th time etc.

I know its some nextjs thing that I'm just misunderstanding since the route works fine if I were to use < a > tags instead of < Link > tags

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

3 Answers

You can try this.

<Link
    className={classes.navbarDesktopMenuButton}
    href={{
        pathname: "/profile/[id]",
        query: { id: username },
    }}
    as={`/profile/${username}`}
>
    <Button>
        <strong className={classes.navbarDesktopMenuButton}>My Profile</strong>
    </Button>
</Link>

You might have to use an anchor tag instead of the button component, but the rest of this code should make it work!

<Link className={classes.navbarDesktopMenuButton} href={`/profile/${username}/`}>
    <Button>
        <strong className={classes.navbarDesktopMenuButton}>My Profile</strong>
    </Button>
</Link>
Related