I am a beginner to Django and unable to populate the items from my database table to <option></option>.
From models.py:
from django.db import models
from django.db.models.fields.related import ForeignKey
# Create your models here.
class Tbl_Category(models.Model):
cat_Id = models.AutoField(primary_key=True)
cat_Name = models.CharField(max_length=20, unique=True)
# def __str__(self):
# return [self.cat_Id, self.cat_Name]
class Tbl_Item(models.Model):
item_Id = models.AutoField(primary_key=True)
item_Name = models.CharField(max_length=30, unique=True)
cat_Idf = models.ForeignKey(Tbl_Category,on_delete=models.CASCADE)
item_Price = models.IntegerField()
From views.py:
from django.shortcuts import render
from orderapp.models import Tbl_Item
# Create your views here.
def displayMain(request):
return render(request,'index.html')
def ct(request):
options = Tbl_Item.objects.filter(cat_Idf=1)
context = {'alloptions' : options}
return render(request, 'index.html', context)
From index.html:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
<meta charset="UTF-8">
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
{% load static %}
<link rel="stylesheet" href="{% static 'css.css' %}">
<title>DATA COLLECTION</title>
</head>
<body>
<div class="container">
<div class="order-screen">
<div class="element">
<label for="coffee-tea">Coffee-Tea</label>
<select name="coffee-tea" id="coffee-tea">
{% for opt in alloptions %}
<option value="{{opt.item_Id}}">{{opt.item_Name}}</option>
{% endfor %}
</select>
</div>
<div class="cart-screen">CART-SCREEN</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>
I assure you that my database connection is working absolutely fine and there was no problem while running makemigrations and migrate commands. My tables contain values that I have hardcoded. Please guide me with what is wrong with my approach. Thank you.