How to use prettier/standalone in the browser with Rails app and Webpacker

Viewed 355

TLDR: I NEED TO USE PRETTIER STANDALONE WITH WEBPACK IN RAILS 5.

Prettier docs: https://prettier.io/docs/en/browser.html

I can make it work with the cdn, but I don't want to use the cdn.

I need to format css in a text editor in the browser. I want to use Prettier Standalone for this.

The app is Rails 5.2 that uses Webpacker and Vue.

I am following the documentation here: https://prettier.io/docs/en/browser.html

I run yarn add prettier

Then, in my .js file I have:

import prettier from 'prettier';
import parserCss from 'prettier/parser-postcss';

prettier.format(".foo{color: red;}", {
  parser: "css",
  plugins: [parserCss],
});

This works in my local development environment, but when I try to deploy the application, the build fails during Webpack compile.

I think I need to configure my webpack or something. If you need more information just let me know and I will update the question.

0 Answers
Related