I'm trying to write a method that gets the parent folder of the folder whose Id is passed in. I have tried many different variations, most of which come from accepted answers here, but every one causes an exception.
For example, the following code...
public async Task<DriveFile> GetParentFolder(string folderId) {
FilesResource.ListRequest request = _service.Files.List();
request.Q = $"parents contains '{folderId}'";
request.Fields = "*";
FileList files = await request.ExecuteAsync();
return files.Files[0];
}
...throws the following exception...
Error: The service drive has thrown an exception: Google.GoogleApiException: Google.Apis.Requests.RequestError
Invalid Value [400]
Errors [
Message[Invalid Value] Location[q - parameter] Reason[invalid] Domain[global]
]
I have tried many values for the Q and Fields properties, but all result in the same exception.
I have other code working with the API, so it's not the basic service that's a problem, and I've used the API to get the Ids of some folders, so I know I'm passing in a valid value.
One of the problems is that v2 of the API had a Parents list, which looks like it does what I want, but this seems to be missing in v3.
Anyone able to help me? Thanks