I have a firebase project with 2 android apps, the com.app.example and com.app.example.dev. One is points to the production environment and is published in the play store, the other is for development purpose is not published online.
The 2 apps have different api keys, visible in the GCP -> APIs and services -> Credentials
According to this section on Firebase docs:
All Android apps in the Firebase project are listed in the same config file, and each app can only have one API key listed. Each app in this config file can have a different key listed, though.
That is not the case, because both the Api keys are set in the production and development firebase apps in the provided google-services.json.
I resolved the problem removing the wrong Api key from the two apps, but this means that I had to manually edit google-services.json.
How can I resolve the problem without touching the file?