I've got next issue while trying to learn Wordpress CMS. This is my Settings->Permalinks page: Post name: local.com/%postname%/ Category base: news
So, /news/ working correctly, but /news/page/{any page number} goes to 404 error. Also, urls like /news/example/ and /news/example/page/{any page number} are working correctly. If I remove news from "Category base", then there is no 404 error, but this links (/news/example/) not working.
I'm trying to add a function on "pre_get_posts" where I set 'post_per_page' parameter - no result. Also I've clicked on Save button in Permalinks page. This is my .htaccess:
# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>
# END WordPress
I see, that there are a lot of people with similar issue, but their solutions didn't help me. Are there any other solutions or debug ways of this problem?