How to get a variable passenger arrival rate out of a schedule?

Viewed 93

I'm about to setup an airport Check-In Terminal with anylogic. I already loaded a "test" excel file which contains the relevant data : Flight, C/I start time, C/I end time and number of C/I passengers (n).

Next I created a schedule: Type: int (start column: C/I start time, End column: C/I end time, value column: n; I've linked my pedSource accordingly: Arrive according to: Arrival schedule, Arrival schedule: schedule:

It works so far, but all the passengers arrive as a group at the beginning of the C/I time. How can i implement a distribution, so that the number of passengers (n) arrive divided up during the C/I period?

Thanks

1 Answers

You need to calculate your interarrival times. Here is what I do in this case: In Source block, I select interarrival time as option and assume that these interarrivals will be exponentially distributed.

So, if you want to distribute 10 check-in arrivals during an hour, you can use exponential(10) as the interarrival distribution. Please see the screenshot below. I update trucks1 dynamically during the simulation to have different number of arrivals for different hours.

enter image description here

Related