How to run stack ghci on WSL?

Viewed 541

I installed Haskell stack in WSL (Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS on Windows 10). After that, I successfully installed stack using command curl -sSL https://get.haskellstack.org/ | sh

However, after I tried to run gchi I got this error:

et@DESKTOP-D0DE6C4:~$ stack ghci
Writing implicit global project config file to: /home/et/.stack/global-project/stack.yaml
Note: You can change the snapshot via the resolver field there.
Using latest snapshot resolver: lts-18.16
Preparing to install GHC (tinfo6) to an isolated location.
This will not interfere with any system-level installation.
Downloaded ghc-tinfo6-8.10.7.
ghc-pkg: Couldn't open database /home/et/.stack/programs/x86_64-linux/ghc-tinfo6-8.10.7/lib/ghc-8.10.7/package.conf.d for modification: {handle: /home/et/.stack/programs/x86_64-linux/ghc-tinfo6-8.10.7/lib/ghc-8.10.7/package.conf.d/package.cache.lock}: hLock: invalid argument (Invalid argument)
make[1]: *** [ghc.mk:985: install_packages] Error 1
make: *** [Makefile:51: install] Error 2
Received ExitFailure 2 when running
Raw command: /usr/bin/make install
Run from: /home/et/.stack/programs/x86_64-linux/ghc-tinfo6-8.10.7.temp/ghc-8.10.7/


Error: Error encountered while installing GHC with
         make install
         run in /home/et/.stack/programs/x86_64-linux/ghc-tinfo6-8.10.7.temp/ghc-8.10.7/

       The following directories may now contain files, but won't be used by stack:
         - /home/et/.stack/programs/x86_64-linux/ghc-tinfo6-8.10.7.temp/
         - /home/et/.stack/programs/x86_64-linux/ghc-tinfo6-8.10.7/

       For more information consider rerunning with --verbose flag

Installing GHC ...
et@DESKTOP-D0DE6C4:~$

--verbose flag did not help as it shows the same error again. I did not manage to Google anything useful on that.

1 Answers

I installed WSL 2 as explained here WSL | Ubuntu and after that I successfully installed stack ghci. Thanks Joseph for the idea.

Related