dotnet run not working after update to dotnet 6

Viewed 1392

I updated yesterday from .Net 5 to .Net 6 and now my projects can't start with dotnet run. I then get the error:

Building...
warn: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.KestrelServer[5]
      The ASP.NET Core developer certificate is in an invalid state. To fix this issue, run the following commands 'dotnet dev-certs https --clean' and 'dotnet dev-certs https' to remove all existing ASP.NET Core development certificates and create a new untrusted developer certificate. On macOS or Windows, use 'dotnet dev-certs https --trust' to trust the new certificate.
fail: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.KestrelServer[4]
      The ASP.NET Core developer certificate is in an invalid state. To fix this issue, run the following commands 'dotnet dev-certs https --clean' and 'dotnet dev-certs https' to remove all existing ASP.NET Core development certificates and create a new untrusted developer certificate. On macOS or Windows, use 'dotnet dev-certs https --trust' to trust the new certificate.

I've tried all the steps to remove/clean and create again but that doesn't help. The server starts but no connection from a browser is possible.

I use Mac OS 11

Anybody an idea?

3 Answers

Add <UseAppHost>false</UseAppHost> under the <PropertyGroup> element of your project file. To learn more about this (hopefully) temporary issue, check out here

I had a similar issue that was resolved after running dotnet clean in my project before building and running again.

I had to delete all the SDK's above 3.1.4xx as I am working on 3.1.x Only after that the newly generated dev cert worked.

I will install SDK's later when I work on a newer dotnet core version.

MacOS location = /usr/local/share/dotnet/sdk

MacOS version 12.3 Monterey

Related