I have a RasPI 3 with SIM800L connected via UART.
I use PPP connection to enable network traffic, and I want to get the signal level via AT command but device is busy when PPP is on.
Is it possibile to access to signal level? Or send a AT commands?
I have a RasPI 3 with SIM800L connected via UART.
I use PPP connection to enable network traffic, and I want to get the signal level via AT command but device is busy when PPP is on.
Is it possibile to access to signal level? Or send a AT commands?
You can suspend your PPP call using +++ escape sequence. Something you need to know about the escape sequence:
+++ string needs to be sent with no further character in the middle within 1 second+++ to be misinterpreted as data)After you receive the OK response, you have AT interface back and you can send AT commands without dropping PPP connection, for example your AT+CSQ command to query signal quality.
Of course it is better to avoid to stay too much in suspension, in order to avoid inactivity timeouts from the remote peer.
After you're done with the commands, you can restore data mode with ATOcommand.