I have been wracking my brain trying to work out how to write a small piece of code that will activate only when particular fields at a task level have been modified.
I tried to make this code work at the project change level with a for each loop and select cases but that lags the whole program and still doesn't give me the result I need. I also tried to make it work when run manually with a for each loop and select cases or a bunch of If statements, but again, it can't tell me which field changed, but it can highlight a discrepancy between two fields.
The goal is to have a change log field (Text10) that auto updates based on the field that is modified and the date of the change. I only care about 4 fields changing (Date1, Date2, Date3, Date4).
e.g. If [Date1] is modified, Text10 = "Date1 modified 10/11/21"
Note: If 2 fields are modified, I would be happy enough with just listing the last one.
I was hoping there was some sort of "On Change, If Target = xxx" but I have not been able to find anything like that.
I also tried implementing the code as defined here >> Microsoft Documents: Project.Change Event but I am unclear what this is supposed to do and couldn't actually see it doing anything / I never got the message box I believe was supposed to appear.
I am using Microsoft Project Standard 2019.